Thursday, May 29, 2008

TV habits

I don't watch Television anymore. I don't even have cable. The only reason I have a TV is to play with my Wii or to use my Mythbuntu box.

Looking into the 'video' share folder of that MythTV box , I see:
  • A collection of videos from 24c3
  • A large selection of stuff downloaded from TED
  • A couple of documentary from archive.org (like the one on Apollo 13)
  • Videos from the WtH conference
  • Videos from Revision3 (namley Systm, Tekzilla and the DiggReel)
I don't feel I need to get TV: I get good enough news coverage from CBC.ca and BBC News. If I ever miss a good show on TV, I'll simply buy the series on DVD. And If it never comes out, I just won't see it. It's suppose to be a form of entertainment, not the center of our lives.

As far as my parents are concern, I am "offline". As far as my friends are concern, I spend far too much time online... My habits have shifted from TV to the Internet as my only source of information over the year, and I think I am not the only one doing this transition. I spend less time glued in from of the televions and more time doing what I love, which is playing with technology.

Although, maybe I should get out more...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: