Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Certifications

So I'm looking into changing my life a bit. In 2006, I was fresh out of university and seeing I didn't have experience, I looked at doing certifications. Since I have nothing better to do than study, I've decided to looked again at that possibility. I narrowed my choices to 6:
  1. Cisco CCNA
  2. LPI
  3. RHCE
  4. Linux+
  5. GCUX (SANS)
  6. Brocade SAN Manager
I don't intent on getting Microsoft certifications, and so these are the closest to what I studied and do in the last years. ( All these certification can be done by simply taking the exam at either a Pearson/Vue center or a Prometric center. )

Exam Costs:

  1. Cisco CCNA: 125$ x2 = 250$
  2. LPI 5 x 155$ = 775$ (3 certifications: LPI-1, LPI-2, LPI-3)
  3. RHCE 799$
  4. Linux+ 239$
  5. GCUX (SANS) 899$
  6. Brocade SAN Manager 150$
Since I already have the study material for LPI and CCNA, I think I'll start with those...

No comments: