Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bill C-61 in laymans terms, the Intro

I am so outraged at Bill C-61, yet no one in the french Canadian media seems to care...

In an effort to help spread the message, I will make small, bite-size message about want is wrong about this law. (in both French and English)

But first let me make theses statements:
  • I am not a lawyer. But I am a Computer Engineer-in-training
  • Everything I care about is for personnal use or family use related. I will not address any problems related to commercial activities because I am unable to give good relevant advice.
  • I want the world to know that this legislation might not give more rights to copyright owner, but might give more power to distributors and legal holder (via contract).
I will try as much as I can to give the relevant passage to each section.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: