Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cool hardware projets to do this summer

I wish I had more time.

I have a growing list of personal projects which I can't find time to do...

I have a friend who built a mame arcade cabinet. While I find this very cool, I don't have the space for such a big cabinet. It still gave me an interesting idea: a complete home entertainment box, kind of like an Xbox or Playstation, but on the oldies side with MAME, NES or SNES Emulator (with hard-to-find legal roms) along with DVD and MP3 playback capability. While it's possible on the technical side of things, I really doubt I could easily decrypt DVD for playback... Still a Mame/Nesticle emulator on a tv set might be cool...

The second project I'm thinking of building is an Asterisk box. While it may not be very useful, have separate mailbox for each house occupant is very appealing.It might also be very interesting to combine this box with qpage and send a message to my phone each time the home network has problems. (or via Email-to-SMS bridge)

of course I have other ideas like:


And thus I wish I had time...

No comments: