Thursday, April 20, 2006

Present and Future of Windows Vista

I just read an interesting article that I linked from OSNews. It's a very interesting read about Vista from someone who own a Microsoft Review site. Quote:

"The company itself [Microsoft] has turned into that thing it most hated (read: IBM), an endlessly complex hierarchy of semi-autonomous middle managers and vice presidents of various levels and titles, many of whom can't seem to make even the smallest of decisions. The company is too big and too slow to ship updates to its biggest products. It's collapsing under its own weight. "
And I think he hits the nail on the head about why I dislike (not actualy hate) Microsoft for the same reason that I dislike the old IBM: It's an 800 pound gorilla that can't move because of its own weight. The right hand doesn't talk to the left hand because that can't see each other.

I certainly hope that the past 5 years eXPerience with security and the long delays around Vista will change the company for the better.

No comments: